I was so amazed about the Pinoy Mountaineers, Ofcourse! One of the member Is my Idol Ms. Rica Peralejo. Here’s their pictures In Mt. Kinabalu.
They look very excited yah?
It is so hard doing this but these guys are very optimistic. I knew that they also having a hard time during the travel but hey! they really did a good job! I read Rica’s blog and she said that she almost vomited during the hike.
This is my favorite picture of Mt. Kinabalu, What an awesome God’s creature. Here’s another one.
And now at last! Pinoy Mountaineers and Rica really did a good job! after having a hard time during the hike. About 4,095 above sea level as you can see in the picture. I really enjoyed the pics with the Mountaineers, Congratulations to all of you who joined the hike in Mt. Kinabalu. It was a great experience of you.
The whole group of Pinoy Mountaineers, They got their award certificate from Kinabalu Park. CONGRATULATIONS!
Hiking has also helped me develop immediacy in reviewing mistakes and I want share some of what I realized during this climb, just in case you’re thinking of going as well, and it’s your first time.
- Hire a porter if you must. I think it didn’t do me any good to carry all of my things on the first day. My first 6 kilometers already got me so tired that, well at least this is what I think, I wasn’t able to recover quickly enough for the assault the next day.
- Ascend slowly!!! I think my biggest mistake for this trip is to even try trekking as fast as Farah. I had never been on any mountain higher than almost 3000 meters above sea level before this, and the summit of Kinabalu is at 4095! I should have walked slowly in the beginning to lessen the shock of altitude gain and thinning air.
- Try to research thin and light, but warm/thermal fabric, for your hiking clothes. It can get crazy cold, BUT you don’t want your protection from it to be heavy and weighing in your backpack or your body! (You can also bring warming oil. I brough my Johnson’s one when we were doing the assault.)
- Waterproof everything! It always rains in the afternoon, our guide said. I was super wet when I got to Laban Rata and they take a longer time to dry because it was cold.
- Bring knee support. Pure ascent is not a joke, and logically so, neither is the descent!
- If you’re married: BRING YOUR SPOUSE. Do not do this without your wife/husband. I left Joe in Manila because he can’t join on the dates of the climb and still pushing thru with the trip is my worst mistake. Every step I made only reminded me of him. Every bad feeling encountered, I wanted to hold his hand and take a comforting look from him. When I reached the summit, I wanted to hug him and share the experience with no one else but him. I will never, ever do this again without Joseph. I’m telling you, make the right choice of climbing this glorious mountain with your spouse.
- Not married yet? BRING GREAT AND ENCOURAGING FRIENDS! They will surely matter at times when you feel like giving up!
Comments are surely appreciated.
I got this picture from ricaperalejo’s blog.” The so called fitting online”. Mich Araullo, made her a dress for the wedding she had attended.
Rica, was one of my fave actress when I was in high school. I had a book surrounded with her pictures. I was also wrote her a letter for her to know that I am one of her fan and luckily I got her response with her picture too.
Regina Carla “Rica” Bautista Peralejo-Bonifacio (née Peralejo) (b. March 7, 1981) is a Filipina actress, singer, and television host. She is a member of ABS-CBN‘s circle of homegrown talents collectively known as Star Magic. She studied Creative Writing at the Ateneo de Manila University
She studied at the School of the Holy Spirit in Quezon City, beginning her career in show business as a child actress in the ABS-CBNchildren’s variety show Ang TV. She eventually moved on to teen-oriented programs such as T.G.I.S. and Gimik. She worked with Agot Isidro in the horror series Oka Tokat. She starred in comedies such as Banyo Queen (with rapper Andrew E.) and action movies like Ex-Con. This was followed by her roles in “sexy” movies such as Balahibong Pusa, earning her the title “Bold Queen”. Peralejo became well known for her roles in horror movies such as Malikmata and it was because of these movies that the Philippine media alternately dubbed her “Horror Queen” and “Scream Queen”. She filmed a horror movie, Matakot Ka Sa Karma, shown at the 2006 Metro Manila Film Festival. Between making movies, Peralejo also appeared in television programs such as the sitcom Ok Fine Whatever and the weekly variety program ASAP. She was recently in the drama series Sa Piling Mo, and Pangarap na Bituin. Peralejo also has a singing career. In the late 1990s she released the album Ikaw Pa Rin At Ako. which produced the hit single “Fallin'”. She was also featured on the soundtrack of the movie Sa Huling Paghihintay, where she sang three songs: “Maghihintay Ako”, “Can We Just Stop And Talk A While” and “Bakit Mahal Kita”. Her current album is titled Bollywood Fever. Rica was currently one of the hosts ABS CBN‘s morning show Umagang Kay Ganda until early 2011. On March 1, 2010, she came aboard as a guest judge on Showtime.
She is married to Pastor Joseph “Joe” Bonifacio
- Caregiver as Karen (2008)
- Tiyanaks as Sheila (2007)
- Matakot Ka Sa Karma as Mariel (2006)
- Kutob as Erika (2005)
- Dilim (2005)
- Hari Ng Sablay as Venus (2005)
- Spirit Of The Glass as Kelly (2004)
- Malikmata as Sarah (2003)
- Hibla as Isabel (2002)
- Tatarin as Amanda (2001)
- Dos Ekis as Charisse (2001)
- Banyo Queen (2001)
- Buhay Kamao as Vilma (2001)
- Sa Huling Paghihintay as Geri (2001)
- Balahibong Pusa as Becky (2001)
- Ex-Con as mike (2000)
- Pera O Bayong Not Da TV (2000)
- Mula Sa Puso: The Movie as Trina (1999)
- It’s Cool Bulol as Pinky (1998)
- Silaw (1998)
- T.G.I.S.: The Movie (1997)
- Where The Girls Are (1996)
- Takot Ka Ba Sa Dilim (1996)
- Habang May Buhay (1995)
- Pulis Patola 2 (1995)
- Bocaue Pagoda Tragedy (1995)
- Eat All You Can (1994)
- LUNA AWARDS BEST ACTRESS FOR ‘HIBLA’
- STAR AWARDS FOR MOVIES BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS FOR ‘CAREGIVER’
- FAMAS AWARDS BEST ACTRESS FOR ‘HIBLA’
- MMFF BEST ACTRESS FOR ‘KUTOB’
- MMFF BEST ACTRESS FOR ‘SPIRIT OF THE GLASS’
- LUNA AWARDS BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS FOR ‘TATARIN’